- Low Energy Lighting – Fitting a low energy bulb whenever you change a lightbulb will cut your electricity bill without having any other impact on your household. LEDs are the most efficient type of lighting and last a lot longer than old fashioned filament bulbs and fluorescent lamps.
- Always turn your lights off when you leave a room, even if just for a minute.
- Be conscious of how many lights you have on and whether you need them all on.
- Use a sensor to control external lights so they are only on when they need to be. Ensure sensors are kept clean and unobstructed.
- When the wiring is being done, you should arrange your light switches so that it is convenient to turn them off. For example, at the top and bottom of stairs, each end of a hallway or each door to a room.
- Consider dimming controls to reduce the energy used by your lighting.
Low Energy Lighting — Simple Energy Advice
Guide to energy efficient lighting – Energy Saving Trust